Log in

School Psychologists in idaho


Currently, Idaho State University has the only school psychology program in Idaho. ISU's School Psychology program at the specialist level is fully approved by the National Association of School Psychologists and can lead to licensure/certification as a school psychologist. Check out their website to learn more about the program! For more information, you can also reach out to our student representatives.


School psychologists must be credentialed by the state in which they work. To work as a school psychologist in Idaho, you must hold a Pupil Personnel Services Certificate with a School Psychologist Endorsement. School psychologists also may be nationally certified by the National School Psychology Certification Board (NSPCB). Holding the Nationally Certified School Psychologist (NCSP) credential satisfies state requirements for initial certification as well as renewal. For more information, see Idaho credential information provided by NASP.

ISPA board members are currently working with NASP and an Idaho Legislator to get Idaho in an Interstate Compact Agreement. This would help school psychologists who arrive from out state after receiving licensure/certification in another state and do not have their NCSP (e.g., military spouses/partners, those school psychologists along our borders with Wyoming, Utah, Oregon, and Washington, etc.). More on this to come!

2021 © Idaho School Psychologist Association

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software